Saturday, February 21, 2009

A wet Mesquite weekend.




























































































We went to Mesquite a couple weekends ago for Doug's softball. I was so excited to get away and to have some warm weather for a change. I guess I shouldn't have been so excited because we basically brought our weather down with us. We went on Friday and stayed in St. George. It was still kinda cool, but warmer then here, so I was really looking forward to Saturday in Mesquite. Well, the day started OK, but by late morning it was raining and basically didn't really stop until it managed to turn into a lightning storm downpour that ended up ending the tournament early. To top it all off, Cougar and Cruise were on antibiotics for ear infections, Doug had a migraine all day Friday and Friday night, and I got sick Saturday night. I ended up with a sinus infection and two developing ear infections. Doug's team still took first place and it was still a nice break from reality, so the trip wasn't a complete disaster. It sure would have been nice to have been warm for a change, though!

No comments: