Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Walking with Dinosaurs







We got some tickets to go see Walking with Dinosaurs last night at the Energy Solutions Arena. It was great! We were a little nervous about bringing Cougar. We gave him some play dinosaurs for Christmas and when he got them halfway opened, he threw them to the ground and was afraid of them! I had him watch some videos on YouTube that other people had taken from the show in different cities. At first he didn't know quite what to think, and then after seeing a couple of them, he didn't want me to turn them off. That was a good sign, but we still weren't sure what he would be like when we were actually there at the live show. He did so good! During the first half, he sat in Nevada's lap and kind of tucked his head into her shoulder but still tried to watch everything. During the second half, he was sitting up on the edge of her lap, having a great time. He was even telling the dinosaurs "Hi" and "Bye Bye" as they came in and out of the arena. During part of the show there was a storm and when the lightning flashed Brighton almost jumped out of her seat, but not my Cougar! He didn't even flinch when T-Rex came out and roared, VERY LOUD, during the last segment. What a brave little trooper!

4 comments:

Jme said...

I have tears in my eyes...I know, I know...how unusual. Cute story. And Hannah and I can hardly wait for some of those juicy intimate details in the Fox Den...why do you think we blog?

Unknown said...

It sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. I wanted to go see that with my family, I am so jealous you got to go. I am soooo glad Cougar enjoyed it.

Summer

Emily S. said...

Sounds like it was really cool! My kids would have loved it - they have always had a thing for dinosaurs. Welcome to the blogging world!

Unknown said...

Jenn you guys sound like you have been having a lot of fun